Ballbot – final test piece…?

Finally I think we nailed the printing tolerance measurements! We also changed from white to black ABS filament, which seems to behave more accurately than the white one does.

Screenshot from 2014-01-11 20:49:59

I added some snap connections and push fittings to the new test piece so we can see if the printer has an accurate repeatability

CameraZOOM-20140130130306023

The new test pieces look even nicer in black!

CameraZOOM-20140130130148913

The snap connections are good enough, I think.
They will probably be better when printed with a higher resolution

CameraZOOM-20140130130355100
CameraZOOM-20140130130438902

The push fitting is tight and nice, just the proper amount of
force is needed to fit the pieces together

I’m also very satisfied with how the motor mount came out, it’s a rough test print but the motor and screws fits almost perfectly!

CameraZOOM-20140130130108585
CameraZOOM-20140130125732130
CameraZOOM-20140130125315523

I’m still not sure about the mounting holes for the bottom plate though

Spread the love

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *