I got a couple of new pieces today but I’m not completely satisfied!
I’ve misunderstood how the printing resolution works. I thought it would affect the surface roughness, but not the measurements.
This resulted in too thin material at the connection points
I’ve been doing a lot of work since last time and there have been some changes in the design as well!
After I assembled a couple of parts in FreeCAD I realized that I had miscalculated (in my head) the size of some of them 🙁
I had to flip the base plate upside down to make room for the steering cradle and remove the friction wheels, because they wouldn’t fit anymore. I also had to make the propel wheel larger to get better grip and to make the ball go a bit faster.
The approximate speed is now somewhere about 10 km/h, which is a quite good speed I think.
The base plate front view – with motors and steering craddle and its servo
Another post is up, about the propel system this time!
I have this idea that the ball will be driven with a motor and a small wheel inside a bigger ring, with a friction wheel underneath.